Sunday, February 14, 2010

Well, I'm late in updating... Hopefully I'll get it in gear and start posting regularly soon.




As far as my budget goes, I completely blew it this week by getting a new smart phone. I jokingly told my bf that it's really just an expensive budgeting and blogging tool. Not to mention it has weather which is very useful since i never manage to see a forecast. This also adds an additional $30 or so to my phone bill each month because of the data package and phone insurance. I didn't get it on my last phone, but retail on this one is over $500 so I didn't want to risk it. I do like all the useful features of this phone, but I miss having real buttons to dial with.



I didn't need a new phone at all, but I had beenconsidering saving up to get a smart phone for a while. After reading a couple of articles about recent price changes and how the cell carriers are getting ready to up the cost of data packages, I decided that i should get one while rates were still low. I have a cheap voice plan because i got in on a great promo 5 years ago and I've been able to keep it this whole time.



As for the rest of my budget, I think I did ok overall. I was only $2 over for groceries and paid a couple of bills ahead of time. I did however spend almost $90 on misc. things, only $23 of which I needed. Oh, and the $270 for the new phone but I had that billed to my account so it will actually hit me next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment