Sunday, January 2, 2011

New year, new commitment

I started this project last year as a simple budget challenge but found that I got bogged down with both of my jobs and didn't follow through.  For the new year, I'm renewing my challenge but with a major twist --  I'm currently unemployed (and basically out of money).

My new challenge is going a bit deeper than before as I intend to publish my daily spending, daily debt, progress toward a new job, and any other relavent thing I can think of to hold myself accountable and get back on track.

The new year has brought with it a new family catastrophe and as the "family clean up" person I have been dealing with it for the last two days.  Today will be completely consumed by "cleaning" so I won't have a chance to work on this again until tomorrow, but hopefully I can get all the basics set up then.

Progress for today...  Job hunting: 0% (although I did accept a volunteer opportunity last night), and I'll probably spend a tiny bit of my Christmas cash on some fast food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment