Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Brief Intro (My commitment to getting this started)

Way back in October 2009 I decided on my New Year's Resolutions.  First and foremost was to create a budget... and I did...  On paper in my spare time at work, on my computer in my spare time at home, and on paper just about every time I got a paycheck.  I never followed any of them.

When I got my W2 forms, I realized just how much money I had made this year -- and how much I had wasted.  My basic living expenses only amount to about 2/3 of my income so I wasted a lot of money in the last year.  Not to mention all of the crazy money mistakes I have made in the last few years that have gotten me in the financial situation I'm in now.  Basically, I have a lot of debt and it needs to get paid off.

The idea of this blog isn't to show anyone how to pay off debt or to follow a budget.  Clearly, I'm working on these things myself.  My goal is to be open and honest about my successes and failures and to hopefully help someone else find their own way through following a budget.  I will not be focusing on paying off debt.  It is a part of the budget, but not the goal.  The goal is just to create a plan, a very detailed plan, and to follow it religiously.  I believe everything else will fall into place over time.

The plan starts on Saturday...  so here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I have a lot of debt from school too, so I understand the need for a good budget. I hope this blog helps you keep on track with your goals.

    ReplyDelete